Fax referrals to the Regional Joint Assessment Clinic at 807-684-5836
Patients must be referred by a physician. Referral forms must include the following:
- Medication and medical history. List current medications or attach a medication profile including non-prescription and herbal medications. Please include any relevant medical history (cardiac, renal etc.) and test results.
- Send x-rays with the patient. Only send x-rays that have been taken within the last 6 months and include the following views:
For knee assessment– Standing AP, lateral and skyline of affected knee
For hip assessment– Ortho pelvis, AP and shoot-through lateral of affected hip
Referral Process- Fast and easy system
- Physician to fill out and fax the referral to 807-684-5836
- We will contact the patient and the referring doctor’s office with the appointment details.
The inter-professional health team assesses the patient and assists the patient in determining the best personalized treatment plan which may include non-surgical choices and/or surgical choices up to and including joint replacement surgery. The health team includes an Orthopedic surgeon and Advanced Physiotherapist Practitioners.
The goals of this model of care for total joint assessments:
- Triage patients to a specialty service
- Provide innovative case-management for osteoarthritis from prevention to chronic stages
- Deliver inter-professional health team-based care
- Facilitate conservative management for non-surgical candidates as appropriate