Pre-Op Education Videos
TBRHSC Hip and Knee Replacement Education Videos
Stair Safety After Surgery
- Up the stairs with a single point cane
- Down the stairs with a single point cane
- Up the stairs with 2 crutches and handrail
- Down the stairs with 2 crutches and handrail
- Up the stairs with 2 crutches and NO handrail
- Down the stairs with 2 crutches and NO handrail
Exercises after Knee Replacement Surgery
- Active knee bend
- Enhanced knee bend
- Knee bend with a towel (or rope)
- Hamstring curls
- Sitting knee extension
- Sitting knee straightening
Exercises after Hip Replacement Surgery
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I have pain after surgery?
- Is pain normal after surgery?
- If I have pain, should i go to the emergency room?
- Is swelling normal after surgery?
- Is it safe to walk?
Disclaimer: These videos are intended to be use as added education to help you perform your post-surgical exercises. They should be used together with the hand-out and instruction you received after your surgery. Please see your Physiotherapist or Health Care Provider should you have any questions or concerns.
Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
Total Hip Replacement Lateral Approach
Total Knee Replacement